Clinical Documentation Improvement (CDI) and DRG Validation (DRGV)
- Clinical Documentation Improvement (CDI) is critical to capturing the true clinical picture of a patient’s stay. Proper and accurate documentation is essential for several reasons, including patient safety, accurately recording population health, and claim submission.
- DRG Validation service bridges the gap between CDI and Coding by auditing the coded data with the correlation of clinical validation of the diagnosis in the patient’s medical record.
- Comparing or contrasting past and current encounters to validate diagnoses and treatment plans rests solely on documentation. Clinicians can use historical data in a variety of statistical analyses to establish evidence-based medicine and associated treatment protocols.
- In order to obtain proper reimbursement for services rendered, drugs administered and other billable items, clinical documentation is paramount. The primary focus of clinicians is patient care. More time spent on documentation takes a physician’s attention away from patient care. Our team of expert credentialed auditors are ready to help.
- The Paramount Health Solutions crew is comprised of physicians and highly trained individuals who focus on the details in every patient chart. They review charts for information indicating exactly what was included in the patient encounter.
- With Clinical Documentation Improvement and DRG Validation, our team looks for coding errors as well as incomplete or missing documentation to ensure the best practice workflow is being implemented.
- DRGV services ensure and promote a denial prevention strategy by ensuring proper documentation completeness for appealing any potential payor denials. Paramount Health Solutions experts are here to protect our clients with precision and accuracy.